How do I get a site for myself?
All sites and authors must abide by all relevant local, state, and federal laws, in addition to copyright and intellectual property laws and the University’s Copyright, Information Security, and Code of Responsible Technology Usage Policies.
If you agree with the policies, you can make the request by going to the Personal Page Request website.
How much storage space do I get for my site?
New York Institute Personal Web Page size is 500 MB. Appeals for additional space may be made by submitting a request using the ITS Helpdesk website with a rationale. The requests will be considered to balance other users’ needs (the publishing environment is a shared resource for the community) and other publishing options for the content.
If I need help setting up, who do I contact?
You can contact the ITS Helpdesk by calling 516.686.1188 or submitting a ticket via the ITS Helpdesk website.
What are the policies regarding site removal?
● with the site owner/administrator’s request;
● upon departure or graduation of a site’s owner/administrator from the University (unless an alternate site owner has been designated);
● if a site is abandoned for more than 2 years;
● in the case of sites associated with specific courses 1 month following the course concludes (unless specific alternate arrangements have been made);
● if a site is determined to be in violation of local, state, or federal laws or the policies noted in the Personal Page Request website.
Who maintains the sites?
The platform is maintained by New York Tech’s Academic Technology Services team. Support for the service is available during regular business hours. ITS/ATS does not own or maintain content in any of the individual personal page websites. ATS will create space and assign publishing rights to the space at the request of currently employed faculty and staff. All sites will have a minimum of one page and will be assigned to the person who made the request as the “owner/administrator.”
Site owners/administrators are responsible for making any permanent archive or copy of their site(s). ITS/ATS does not provide site backup or file restoration services for the Personal Publishing environment.
Where can I get training for the NYIT Personal Pages site?
There is a LinkedIn Learning course on the NYIT LinkedIn Learning site. Below the is link to the course. You will need to log in using your NYIT credential.
NYIT LinkedIn Learning WordPress Essential Course